We are excited to announce that Amex GBT Meetings & Events (M&E) has been named to MeetingsNet’s 2023 CMI 25 list, which recognizes the largest and most influential meeting and incentive management companies in the United States. This achievement marks the 17th consecutive year Amex GBT M&E has appeared on the list – making it every year since its inception in 2007.
“It is a privilege to be acknowledged once again on the CMI 25 list,” said Milton Rivera, vice president of global custom event services and venue sourcing. “In today’s world where remote and hybrid work continue to reshape the professional landscape, the demand for in-person meetings rises. Our robust services, from sourcing and planning to contract negotiations, help clients in navigating the complex processes of the meetings and events industry.”
According to data pulled from our Meetings Insights platform, in 2022, we:
- Organized events hosting more than 1.9 million attendees.
- Were responsible for more than 1.6 million room nights and 68,000 experiential events, meetings, and incentives with a $3.7 billion client management spend.
- Achieved 10%-20% of average savings for our meetings and events clients.
Sustainability is embedded in our ethos and plays a role in much of what our M&E team does. Thus, we are proud of the fact that in 2022, we also:
- Won Conference News’ Sustainability Pioneer Award for driving the event industry toward net zero by 2050.
- Signed the Net Zero Carbon Events pledge, a joint commitment across the events industry to achieve the targets in the Paris Climate Agreement.
- Supported clients with our Sustainability Calculator in a move toward creating carbon-neutral events.
With more than 40 years in the industry and a presence in over 140 countries, Amex GBT M&E is uniquely positioned to manage meetings and events locally, regionally, and internationally. To learn more about our services and how we can help you with your meetings and events needs, connect with us here.