What is the Amex GBT Mobile app?
- Amex GBT Mobile organizes all your travel itineraries in one convenient app and connects you with live assistance from GBT travel counselors, as well as real-time updates like flight changes and cancellations and travel disruption alerts from EXPERT CARE (for customers who have that solution enabled). Flight information, hotel reservations, rail reservations, ground transportation and car rental details are saved in a single trip itinerary within the app for easy access with a few taps. No more wasted time searching for reservation e-mails or juggling paper (or losing it) while on the road. Amex GBT Mobile holds all your upcoming and past trips, for easy access.
Is Amex GBT Mobile a product of American Express Global Business Travel?
- Amex GBT Mobile is a proprietary solution of American Express Global Business Travel (GBT).GBT fully owns and controls development of the solution.
Is Amex GBT Mobile available to any traveler?
- Anyone can download the Amex GBT Mobile app, but only travelers of a company that has been implemented on the solution can register. If you are not sure whether your company is enrolled, please send an email with your name and company to [email protected]
Where can I learn about the latest enhancements to the Amex Mobile GBT app?
- The latest enhancements, features and benefits of the Amex GBT Mobile app are shown on the product page at: https://www.amexglobalbusinesstravel.com/corporate-travel-services/business-travel-app/
Can I use the Amex GBT Mobile app for my personal travel plans?
- Currently, no: the app will only work for business-related travel plans. All trips booked through American Express Global Business Travel, whether through an online booking tool or through a travel counselor over the phone, will automatically appear in the app.
Amex GBT Mobile app functionality
How do I receive flight status notifications?
- You will receive push notifications automatically on your device if you enable push notifications when prompted in the app (or by going to the My Account section). You can also view your flight segment summary in the app to see the latest information on flight status: on time, cancelled, delayed and diverted — as well as updates to any gate and baggage information on the flight summary card.
How do I receive EXPERT CARE travel disruption alerts?
- If your company has enrolled in the EXPERT CARE solution, there are two ways in which you can receive EXPERT CARE travel disruption alerts. One is through notifications pushed to your phone (you may enable this in the My Account section). The second is through the app’s Alerts Center:at the top of your itinerary screen, there is a colored “Alerts” indicator that tells you whether you have any unread alerts. You can view these alerts by tapping the indicator, which will take you to the Alerts Center to review all your alerts in detail.
Can I book a flight, hotel or any service from the Amex GBT Mobile app?
- Currently, no, but this is a feature that will be added in the future. To book a trip you need to use the online booking tool your company has provided or call the phone number provided and speak with a GBT travel counselor.
Can I change my airline seat or purchase ancillary items from the Amex GBT Mobile app?
- Currently, no. You need to perform these actions through the online booking tool your company has provided or call the number provided and speak with a travel counselor.
Account management & user preferences
How do I turn off push notifications?
- Go to My Account and set the Travel Alerts and Notifications toggle to “Off”.
How do I log off from the app?
- Go to My Account and tap on “Log Out” (it appears under your username at the top of the screen).
What do I do if I forgot my username?
- If you forget your username, tap on the “Forgot username” link at the bottom of the login screen. Follow the prompts to reset your username. You will need access to your work email inbox to complete this.
What do I do if I forgot my password?
- You will have to reset your password. To do this tap on the “Forgot Password” link at the bottom of the login screen. Follow the prompts to reset your password. You will need access to your work email inbox to complete this.
How do I register for the app?
- Start by downloading the app from the Apple app store. Click here. Once it is on your iPhone, you will need to create a new account. Follow the prompts to get you through registration. Remember, the company you work for must be an enrolled customer of American Express Global Business Travel in order to successfully register for the app. If you are not sure whether your company is enrolled, please send an email with your name and company to [email protected].
Do I have to log in to the app every time, or will it remember me?
- When you initially create a new account or when you log back in, you will see an option to “stay logged in”. If you enable this option, you will be logged in for 30 days. After 30 days, the app will require you to log back in using your username and password.
Feedback & support
What do I do if I need travel assistance?
- Go to any trip itinerary view and tap on “Assist Me” in the upper right hand corner of the screen. For example, if you are travelling to New York, go to your New York trip itinerary and you will see the “Assist Me” link appear. You can then tap to call a GBT travel counselor. If you do not see “Assist Me” appear, that means the phone number is missing from the reservation. In this case, please reference the email you received from GBT after you booked your trip. It will include your itinerary information as well as the phone number to call a GBT travel counselor.
The Amex GBT Mobile app is available to all American Express Global Business Travel customers who have enrolled.
If you need assistance determining whether your company is enrolled, please email [email protected] with your company name.