Introducing United CleanPlus: A New Standard of Cleanliness and Safety
United is passionate about connecting the world safely. United CleanPlus is an expression of its goal of delivering industry-leading cleanliness, plus putting health and safety at the forefront of the customer experience. They have teamed up with Clorox and Cleveland Clinic to redefine their cleaning procedures, and are bringing the United CleanPlus commitment to travelers in three distinct ways:
Commitment to delivering a new level of cleanliness
- Using the disinfecting expertise and products from Clorox to deliver industry-leading cleanliness.
- Ensuring aircraft cleaning standards meet, and in many cases exceed, CDC guidelines.1
- Using electrostatic spraying before departure, and state-of-the-art HEPA filters on United aircraft to remove 99.97% of airborne particles.
Prioritizing traveler well-being
- Requiring travelers to wear a face covering during flight.
- Allowing customers on flights expected to be fairly full to change their flight with no change fee.
Innovating for a healthier tomorrow
- Rolling out a touchless check-in process at select airports.
- Implementing temperature checks for employees at United’s hub airports.
1 “Runway to Recovery” Guidance Jointly Issued by the U.S. Departments of Transportation, Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services